Lift your lockdown spirits by baking this easy loaf tin cake with store cupboard or corner shop ingredients and seasonal fruit. Get the kids involved and once baked and cooled; slice, wrap and take on a long walk!
175g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cubed
175g caster sugar
3 free range eggs
150g self raising flour
75g ground almonds
2 soft ripe pears, skin on diced
75g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Grease and line a 2lb/2kg loaf tin
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until combined, about 3 minutes
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Sift in the flour then stir it in with the almonds and mix gently with a big metal spoon
- Mix in the pear and chocolate and transfer into the lined tin
- Cook for 1h 15min or until a skewer comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack, slice and enjoy!